Are you trying toimport emails from Outlook to Gmail? Have you stuck with the problem to transfer your PST files into Gmail? If the answer is yes, then you are at the right place. In this article, we are going to tell you the perfect solution on how to get emails from Outlook to Gmail.
MS Outlook is an email client that runs on the desktop. This application provides an option i.e to manage your emails and add multiple different accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. in it. However, Outlook is a flexible program, so you can move and copy emails from its one folder to any of your other accounts. This process allows you to synchronize email messages and it also creates a backup copy of Outlook PST file to your Gmail account. Also, Gmail is the most widely used and absolutely free web-based email service provided by Google. So, from here you will get both manual and commercial solution to move Outlook to Google Apps.
Users Queries While Using Outlook Application
Let’s understand the scenarios which clear more the need of conversion of Outlook to Gmail account.
“Yesterday, I have bought Chrome book and I am currently adding my mail accounts. I am using MS Outlook application, so all my emails are saved in Outlook. I have created PST file and now I want to add it to my Gmail. Is there any way to divert Outlook emails to Gmail? Your help would be appreciated!!”
“During travelling time, I was unable to access my mailbox from Outlook application. So, I am searching for a method by which I can access my crucial mailboxes from anywhere without using my laptop. Then, one of my friends suggests using Gmail. But, I do not know the method to import Outlook email to Gmail. Please suggest me a suitable solution for the same. Thanks in advance!!”
How to Import Emails from Outlook to Gmail?
In order to move Outlook emails into a Gmail account with the help of manual procedure, you have to perform these given below steps:
- First of all, install Outlook program in your system.
- Then, click on the File menu and then click on the Add Account button in the menu to open the Add New Account window.
- Now, type your name in the Your Name box. After that, again type your Gmail id in the E-mail Address box.
- Next, enter your Gmail account password in the “Password”&”Retype Password” boxes.
- After that, click on Next button to add the Gmail account to MS Outlook profile. Then, the account settings are also configured with Outlook automatically.
- Now, click on Finish button to close the wizard. After that, your Gmail account appears in the left pane. It displays all its folders.
- Further, you have an option to choose the Outlook folder from which you want to export emails.
- Next, choose the emails from the selected folder that you want to export. For this, press and hold “Ctrl” button & then click on the messages to select multiple items at once. You can also press Ctrl + A to select all messages.
- In this step, right-click on one of the emails, then go to the Move option and choose Copy to Folder from the menu.
- Finally, select the Gmail folder and click on OK button to export the emails from Outlook to Gmail.
An Alternate Solution to Transfer Emails from Outlook to Gmail
The above discussed manual method has come up with some drawbacks. It is very lengthy and highly technical. So, it becomes difficult to understand by the normal users. Also, this process takes a long time to execute. Thus, to overcome all such situations, it is suggested to use a third-party tool like SysToolsOutlook to G Suite Migrator tool. This software can easily import the number of Outlook PST files into Google apps like Gmail. Apart from this, there are many advantages of this tool which makes it different from other software. This utility has features to import selective items, pause and resume button and apply date filter option. In addition, it maintains folder hierarchy and supports almost every version of Outlook such as Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all other lower versions.
Time to Wrap Up
Gmail application is more preferred than Outlook because of its advanced facilities. So, most of the users need to import emails from Outlook to Gmail. Thus, we have discussed a manual method in this blog, but it is too long and complex. So, in addition to the manual method, a trouble-free tool is also explained to efficiently and easily divert Outlook emails to Gmail account.