Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) that many enterprises use to store their essential data. Thus, organisations are very particular about their data and how to secure it from any mishap. Therefore, to keep the data protected, users are keen to proceed with Office 365 email backup without fail. Most users rely on Office 365, as they are impressed with its security features and subscription plans.
Now, users have decided to shift all their data to PST file format as it has better security features. Most IT users advise users using Microsoft 365 to backup Office 365 emails and keep a copy of their data. There can be various reasons to do so, but one of the main reasons to backup the data in PST is to protect your data from any future mishap. Below, we share some benefits of exporting the data to PST file format.
- Users keep storing their data in Office 365 and need help recognising the size of their Office 365 mailbox. Due to this, users can lose their essential data, and everyone knows how much data is necessary for every businessperson. Thus, users must proceed quickly with the Office 365 export mailbox to PST procedure.
- There are times when there is an issue in the user’s data, as any mishap can occur to the user’s data. Therefore, to overcome that situation, the users should quickly proceed with the backup process for any future mishap.
- One of the prime reasons for taking the mailbox backup to PST file format is that the PST file is portable. Users can access the PST file from anywhere, anytime and through any device. Therefore, users do not have to worry about storing their data on different devices as they can easily access it whenever they want.
- Exporting the data to PST will help users reduce the size of the mailbox as well.
Different approaches to proceed with Office 365 email backup
All the users who want to export their Office 365 mailbox to PST are willing to know the different approaches to the process. Users can proceed with Office 365 email backup, i.e. manual method and the professional third-party tool, in two ways. The technique is easily accessible to all the users, so users can select whichever form they are comfortable with. We will display the working for both approaches, so go through the following paragraph.
Proceed with Office 365 email backup with a manual approach.
The manual method was the only way for the users to commence the backup task earlier, and people used to rely on this method only. The technique requires a lot of technical knowledge, so a technical expert can commence Office 365 email backup with a manual approach. It is challenging for non-technical users as this procedure takes much time. Below is the stepwise step procedure for the users.
- To commence Office 365 email backup, visit the Office 365 login page and log in with your account and password.
- After that, open the Microsoft 365 admin centre and click on the security option.
- Now, you will be taken to the permission tab, hit the eDiscovery manager option, and click on the edit button.
- Post that, click on the Choose eDiscovery administrator option and click on the save option.
- After that, go to the search option and hit the content search.
- Then click on the new search option and create the new search.
- After that, enter the name and description for the new search and then hit the Next button.
- After that, pick the mailbox you want to export to PST file format.
- Now, you are supposed to add the condition as per the necessity.
- Post that, review the settings and click the submit option.
- Now, visit the search list, select your search, and hit the action option.
- Now, visit the export result option, choose Output, and click the Export button.
- After that, from the export tab, select the last export and click on the download result option.
- Then scroll the page and then copy the export key.
- After that, the discovery export tool will appear before you. Paste the copied key and search for the location to store the PST file.
- Lastly, click on the start option, and the procedure will completed successfully.
Backup Office 365 emails with a professional Approach
The professional approach is the best way for users to commence the task; the task becomes easy professionally. All the users with technical and non-technical backgrounds will be able to run the job with professional tools. We want to suggest the Shoviv Office 365 backup tool to users. One can rely on this utility to commence the task, and here we are sharing the workings of the tool.
- Download the Shoviv Office 365 backup tool and install it in your system.
- After that, create a new project, click Connected Office 365, fill in the asked details in the new dialogue box, and tap on the Next option.
- Now proceed by hitting the Add icon, fill in the project name, and look for the location to save the PST file.
- Now, create the new job from the toolbar, and the new dialogue box will appear before you enter the name of the backup job and hit the Next option.
- After that select the file you want to export on the next page and click the Next option.
- After that, you will come across the filter option, and users will be able to filter the data based on message class and date range and then tap on the Next option.
- On the next window, users can set the thread count number of attempts and select the file size.
- In the next window, there will be three options. Then tap on the immediate process, and you can schedule the backup daily, weekly, monthly, and once.
- Later on, check out the job status, and the full report will be prepared.
- If the process is complete, hit the Finish option. If users need to make any changes, click the Edit option.
- Once the process is completed, the full report of the task will be generated so that users can check out the stepwise procedure.
All the users who wish to proceed with Office 365 email backup must go through the content mentioned above. The software will guide the users in every step to finish the task without glitches. The software offers a free demo version to all the users so that one can explore every tool feature in detail.
Author Name:- Divya Chauhan
Short Author Bio:- Divya Chauhan is a passionate web content writer. She is associated with Shoviv Software for the last three years. Being a tech geek, she has commendable command over Emailing and all its dimensions, and she loves to share it with readers. Blending professional language with a friendly tone is the best part of her writing style.