Streaming seems to be exploding, whether it’s because of ethical concerns, a lack of content or outrageous price hikes. It’s not easy to afford them all; let’s be real. Sometimes you have to take one out. Amazon has given us many reasons to distance ourselves from its Prime membership and streaming services. Many people may question their loyalty to Amazon because of the constant news stream about worker mistreatment or union-busting efforts.
It doesn’t matter if you cancel because of ethical concerns. Maybe you don’t want your children to see an episode of The Boys, or you are still disappointed that The Expanse wasn’t renewed for another season. We can help you eliminate Amazon Prime, no matter the reason.
Can Amazon Prime be cancelled in the Android and iOS apps?
Subscription service providers offer an app that allows users to simplify their user experience. Less friction means more subscribers and fewer cancellations. However, these providers often don’t allow you to cancel through the mobile app. Although it is not frictionless, Who can cancel Amazon Prime memberships in the app? However, this does not apply to the app that you are considering. For example, you cannot cancel Prime Video, but Who can do it in the Amazon Shopping App. Open the Amazon Shopping app to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. Follow these steps:
- To open the profile page, tap the icon in the navigation bar.
- Scroll down until the Account Settings section.
- Tap Manage Prime Membership.
- To open a drop-down menu, tap Manage Member on the Prime membershippage.
- Next, tap Manage your membership3 ImagesClose
- To open Prime Benefits, tap End Member on the next page.
- To cancel your membership, go to the Prime Benefits page and tap Cancel my Benefits.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the End now and End on the XXX options.
- Tap if you intend to continue using Prime benefits up until the end of your plan. End at XXX Cancel your current billing period.
- To cancel your membership and get a full refund, click End Now.
- After you tap your selection, the app opens a page that confirms your account has been canceled. You will then no longer be Prime member.4 ImagesClose
An option to join Prime on the in-app page confirms your account has been cancelled. To sign up for Prime, you will need to tap this option. You will need a web browser to join Prime.
How can I cancel Amazon Prime from my browser?
You can cancel your Prime membership using either a mobile or desktop browser if you don’t use Amazon Shopping App or prefer to navigate the internet on a computer. This guide will focus on cancelling Prime membership using a desktop browser.
Who can use a mobile web browser to cancel Amazon Prime accounts? It will work the same, but the pages may look slightly different. To find the buttons you need, scroll down.
- Log in to the Amazon Prime account you wish to cancel from your desktop browser.
- The button with the name of your choice in itnext the search bar.
- The following are the guidelines Your Account Side of the dropdown menu select Account To go to Your Account page. You’ll find your account summary here.
- Click here Prime To go to the, click the button to the right of the page Prime Central page.
- Click You can update, cancel, and do more. Click the button. End of membership Use the dropdown menu to access the Edit membership page.
- Click the “Edit membership page” button. Cancel My Benefits You will find the button at the bottom of this page.
- Next, click on the Continue to Cancel You will find the button at the bottom.
- You will have the final opportunity to cancel or keep your membership active.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and click on one of the buttons below. Cancel your Prime membership box. Clicking End at XXX Your subscription is cancelled on the date specified without a refund.
- End Now immediately ends your membership and refunds the current billing period.
- You’ll be redirected to Prime Central with a pop up asking you to cancel. a cancellation survey .
You have two options: ignore the survey or spend three minutes complaining about Amazon Prime. An Amazon representative will help you answer a few questions about your reasons for cancelling if you choose to take the survey.
If I cancel my Amazon Prime account, can I get a refund?
You have the option of requesting a refund for the remaining billing period or opting to keep your membership up until the end. This is a bit more complicated than it seems at first. Amazon’s terms & conditions state that if you don’t use any Prime benefits or cancel your account within three days of signing up for Prime or converting an account from a free trial to Prime, you will get a full refund. Amazon will subtract the cost of Prime benefits you have used during the first three days after signing up for Prime. Amazon claims that refunds will be processed within three to five business days of the cancellation request.
You’ve successfully cancelled your Amazon Prime account if you follow the above steps. This could potentially upset Jeff Bezos. We have a list of the top streaming services you can use to make the switch.