Do you love muffins but wish they were a bit healthier Lucy May from the Organic Cookery School shows you how to make healthier muffins by cutting down on the sugar and replacing it with sweet potato
Serving size: 6
- 120 g butter
- 75 g muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 160 g spelt flour
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 milk
- 220 g sweet potato, steamed and mashed
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Line a muffin tin with cases.
- Combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the cooked, mashed sweet potato and the chopped chocolate. Combine the two together until the sweet potato has been completely incorporated.
- Spoon into the cases and bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly before serving.
Also Read: Healthy Honey Chocolate Cake