Migrating PST to Office 365 is a tedious task, and users must go for the best solution to proceed with the job. Office 365 offers large email quotas, so users are willing to import PST to Office 365 without any second thought. There are numerous emailing platforms available for the users.
Since Microsoft has launched Office 365, everyone is willing to upload PST to Office 365 quickly. Users are looking for a perfect solution to protect their data so they can use it in the future. Users often fear losing their crucial data as it holds important details, especially for all the small, medium and large enterprises. In this blog, users will get to know everything about the process.
Why should users migrate PST to Office 365?
Huge enterprises search for a solution that can migrate their PST files to Office 365, which will protect their data. Users might be wondering why they should import PST to Office 365 as they have already saved their data in a trustworthy platform. To know about the same, we are sharing the reason for the migration process.
- Office 365 is a widely available platform for all users; one can access their data anywhere and anytime. It will benefit the users working from different places for their organisation. With its advanced features, it backup the data regularly
- It is easy to set up Office 365; users can install the tool after the set procedure is completed. Users can import PST to Office 365 by themselves or get help from an IT expert.
- Office 365 offers security features and a subscription plan, and users can buy the subscription at an affordable price.
- Sometimes, users face data loss, which can be dangerous for any organisation, so migrating the PST files to Office 365 will be the best option.
- Users do not have to update their data whenever a new version of Office 365 is launched; it will automatically update to the latest version.
What are the different ways to migrate PST to Office 365?
Now, users are willing to proceed with the migration process and are looking for the best solution. The process can commence with the manual method and the professional third-party tool; both techniques are available for the users. To import PST to Office 365, users can select which way they want to go. In the following paragraph, we will display the step-by-step procedure so that users can check out the working of both methods.
Upload PST to Office 365 manually.
The manual method is the oldest way to commence the task, as users can opt for this technique. The technical experts can only handle the process, as it requires much technical knowledge. The procedure takes ample time to finish the task, and users must wait long to complete the process. Here, we are sharing the recipe for the manual method.
1. Upload PST to Office 365 with export to a PST file.
- Visit the control panel and click mail.
- After that, a mail set-up dialogue box will appear before you tap the show profile option.
- Now tap on the drag-down arrow under the Always use this profile option, tap on Outlook and then Apply> OK.
- After that, open Microsoft Outlook in your system, click on the file tab from the toolbar, then hit the file tab> Open and Export> Import/ Export option.
- Next, there will be an import and export wizard. Tap on the export to a file option and hit the Next button.
- Export to file dialogue box will open. Tap on the Outlook data file option and hit the Next option.
- The Export Outlook data file box will open. Choose the PST file or specific mailbox, then hit the continue option.
- Now, hit the browse option and look for the location to save the PST file. Then, name the PST file and click on the OK option.
- After that, select whether you want to avoid the duplicate item and click on the Finish option.
2. Import PST to Office 365
- To import PST to Office 365, open Microsoft Outlook in your system, hit the file tab, and then Open and export>Import/ Export.
- Import and Export dialog box will open, then select the import from another program or file and hit the next option.
- Import a file dialogue box will open, then tap the Outlook data file option and click on the Next option.
- Next, the Import Outlook data file will open there; you are supposed to browse the location to save the PST file and click Open.
- Hit the Do not import duplicate items option and then click on the Finish option.
Upload PST to Office 365 with a professional tool.
To begin the task professionally, users can try the Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool, as it will complete the job quickly. Go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Download the Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool in your system.
- Tap on the Add PST/ OST file option under the ribbon bar.
- Next, the dialogue box will appear before you here; users must select the PST file type.
- Post that, click on the Add icon Add/ Search PST file.
- Next, you must check the required PST files and click on the Next option. Under the source list, the list of selected PST files will appear before the user.
- Now, from the ribbon bar, click the Office 365 option available under Export OST/ PST.
- Post that, click on the Check/ Uncheck subfolder, and then click on the next button.
- The Export into Office 365 dialog box will open. Users have to enter the admin credential and hit the Next option.
- After that, map the PST file with the Microsoft 365 mailbox and hit the Next option.
- Now, there will be a filter option; users can filter the data based on message class and date range.
- Next, an advanced option for email translation and folder mapping will be available. Users can also fetch the item by fetching the item header properties.
- Post that link on OK, then on the Next button, and then the procedure to import PST to Office 365 will begin. After the process is completed, the live report will be prepared. Lastly, tap on the Finish option.
All users willing to import PST to Office 365 will be able to proceed with it with the mentioned tool. The software provides a free demo version so that users can explore more about the device.